Unable to send e-mails in Outlook Express v6

darkspark 14:39 09 Aug 08

I am running Widows XP Pro with SP2. I have disabled my AVG anti virus,switched off Windows Firewall,tried sending in Safe Mode, reinstalled Outlook Express but still get the same message - "An unknown error has occurred. Account:'pop.ntlworld.com', Server:'smtp.ntlworld.com', Protocol:SMTP, Server Response:'421 aamtaout03-winn.ispmail.ntlworld.com connection refused from [xxx.xxx.xx.xx]', Port:25, Secure[SSL]: No, Server Error: 421,Error Number 0x800CCC67"
NTL insist it is a fault with the computer because I can send an e-mail via webmail. I rang the NTL PC helpline (at £1.00 per minute) who insist it is not a PC fault because the error message states "connection refused". Can you please help !

Crash 15:26 09 Aug 08

Is "my server requires authentication" ticked in smtp settings?

darkspark 00:03 10 Aug 08

No it's not ticked !

darkspark 09:55 11 Aug 08

Opened Outlook Express this morning and e-mails are now sending OK (as with lots of similar cases found on the Internet, it has cured itself)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…