Unable to select properties when right clicking

TomG 14:37 18 Jun 04

I'm trying to change a folder icon on my desktop (WinXP Pro) but when I right click and select properties nothing happens?

Any suggestions please?

Glyn-252301 15:11 18 Jun 04

You do not say what O/S but if you run you O/s setup from Windows it should replace missing or damaged files and retain your present setup. Regards G.

wotbus@ 15:19 18 Jun 04

Are you right clicking the Icon, or on a blank space of your desktop?

wotbus@ 15:22 18 Jun 04

Right click a blank space on your desktop \ Properties \ Desktop \ Customise Desktop and chose what you want. Good luck.

Stuartli 16:32 18 Jun 04

Right-clicking on an icon on the Desktop should bring the menu up - Properties is normally at the bottom of the list.

As wotbus@ points out, right-clicking a blank area of the Desktop provides the means to change the icon via the Desktop tab after first opening Properties.

TomG 18:32 18 Jun 04

I'm right clicking on a folder on my desktop to change the icon - but its the same for all the shortcuts on my desktop (i.e. my computer as well).

I've tried accessing properties on my desktop icons via windows explorer but have the same problem

I'm using Windows XP Prefessional

spikeychris 19:18 18 Jun 04

Tom, go to

Are these keys in the right hand pane when you click the explorer folder?

NoViewContextMenu = DWORD:1

NoTrayContextMenu = DWORD:1

TomG 08:55 19 Jun 04

Hi Spikeychris

No they are not?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…