Unable to see video playback on Cyclone Primus 2tb Hard drive

yusuf_03 19:58 PM 06 Jun 11

Hi, When i copy recoded files from my camcorder (Sony HD HDR-XR155) to my Hard drive (Cyclone Primus 2tb) then watch them through my TV via HDMI output, I can only hear the audio but no picture of the actuall recording.The recording file is 'MTS', taking in mind that the hard drive does play 'mts' files. Is there a solution for this. Thanks.

woodchip 20:07 PM 06 Jun 11

You need to convert them, don't think you will have a Program that can play that format on your PC

yusuf_03 20:17 PM 06 Jun 11

Thanks for the reply, do you know any programme that I can use to convert them, then play them through my TV. Thanks

yusuf_03 20:21 PM 06 Jun 11

Sorry i've just seen the link in your comment, thanks for your help, much appreciated.

woodchip 20:27 PM 06 Jun 11

not used it but it should be okay looking at the site

yusuf_03 20:31 PM 06 Jun 11

It seems to only convert 1 file at a time, as i have many files, do you know any other site that does them all at once, I have looked but cant seem to find anything. Thanks

woodchip 20:45 PM 06 Jun 11

This google Page is where I found it,

yusuf_03 21:08 PM 06 Jun 11

Reason being I thought the playback would work is becase my hard drive does support 'mts' playback, its unusual that its not working though, what the reason for this?

woodchip 23:05 PM 06 Jun 11

Hard Drives do not Play back, they only store data. Its Programs that play back

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11