unable to save word file

concrete carrot 00:46 10 Dec 05

A freind of mine has a problem when trying to save a file on the hard drive when in microsoft word, he gets a message saying "you have exceeded your drive space limit for that drive, either change limit or click discard" he has loads of space on his hard drive. I'm at a loss with this one, has anyone got any idea what can be done to rectify this? the computer is running Win ME & office 2000, he is also disabled and has to type using 'EZKEYS'
Thanx.

Giggle n' Bits 00:55 10 Dec 05

open word and select Help from the Top menu's then drop down near the bottom is an option to Detect & repair word. He will also need the Office 2000 CD.

Or try going to start-run and type in scanreg /fix then select ok. Someone may have to do the above for him as I don't know what EZKEYS is.

lotvic 02:25 10 Dec 05

My Computer > rightclick and choose 'Open' > select Hard drive > rightclick on 'Properties' > Quota tab

see imageshack pic click here

lotvic 02:41 10 Dec 05

[slight edit to instructions - must learn to check before posting :) ]
My Computer > rightclick and choose 'Open' > select Hard drive > rightclick > choose 'Properties' > Quota tab

wee eddie 07:42 10 Dec 05

He appears to have an External Drive with several Partitions.

Is it possible that?

a. The document is large.

b. there is insufficient space on that particular drive!

wee eddie 07:44 10 Dec 05

That he is unintentionally working on one of those partitions

concrete carrot 10:37 10 Dec 05

Thanks for the quick replies, looks like the 'quota' answer is the way to go but can't try it for a couple of days.New dawn 1 Ezykeys allows the user to type with one finger on a remote button (very time consuming!)
Wee eddie, He only has one partition and because he can only type very slowly, none of his documents are very big.
Thanx to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017