Unable to run attachment.

curlylad 18:55 22 May 03

Can anyone help? A friend sent me an e-mail with an attachment and I saved it on to a file. The attachment contained various humourous sounds and when I try to run/play the attachment a window saying download file appears saying would I like to download it or save it .I have already got it on a file but it keeps asking if I want to download it.When I click open file, an action cancelled screen appears , behind the download screen. How do I use the attachment , please help .

Ironman556 19:17 22 May 03

What format is it in, and what player are you using?

Have you tried saving it to a file somewhere else?

If you have windows media 9, and it's trying to open in the standard windows media player, launch media player 9, then choose open and browse to the file.

curlylad 19:37 22 May 03

I forgot to mention that I was a complete new comer to this computer malarky and am astounding myself that I can even do this.
So, how do I launch media player 9 ? Sorry to be a pain , I will get one of those computers for dummies books but in the mean time can you elaborate please Ironman 556 ?

Ironman556 23:29 26 May 03

Ok, I apologise for the delay. Go to Start and then programs. You should see "Windows Media Player" listed somewhere. If it's not in the programs section, try haveing a look in the other folders and you shoould be able to find it.

It may also be in Start --> Programs --> Accessories --> Entertainment.

If you have no luck, post back and I'll have another think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…