Unable to restore XP home to prevous date

JF25 19:19 27 Jul 08

I have not been able to restore my compuer to a previous date. I had trouble with my Serif Photo plus 11. I got one photogra[h processed then it said that it could not find the files. I uninstalled the programme and reinstalled it where it worked for one picture then back to the previous fault.
After restarting again I now find that Internet Explorer and Outlook Express and desktop ikons are missing from the bottom taskbar.
The message I get on the screen isRestoration Incomplete No changes have been made to your computer. I have tried a few different dates but always the same message.

woodchip 19:21 27 Jul 08

Are you using Norton? if so does it include Ghost. If it does disable it

birdface 06:33 28 Jul 08

Try doing it in safe mode.

€dstowe 07:44 28 Jul 08

I stopped relying on System Restore many years ago. Nothing beats a full system backup for retrieving a system that has gone awry.

worcesterman47 15:40 28 Jul 08

hi, i had exactly the same problem..tried several different dates..just would not restore...finally after some advice on here i found it was norton causing the problem...if you can find the following in norton try it ( cannot remember exactly where it is though) under...." How to protect my product, uncheck Turn on protection for my Symantec product."....then try system restore it worked a treat for me..hope this helps in some way

mfletch 15:43 28 Jul 08

If you do have Norton click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5