Unable To Restore TrueImage To New Drive

gldni007 18:17 13 Aug 09

My primary drive failed, I have a backup image on a secondary drive. So I replaced the failed drive with a new drive but when I use the TrueImage boot cd to restore the image to the new drive, that drive is not shown as an available restore location. All I see is my secondary drive. Why?

GaT7 18:25 13 Aug 09

Probably because it's not formatted at all, or not formatted to the same file structure?

So try formatting the drive to NTFS (or FAT32/other) as the case may be, & try the running the restoration again. G

lotvic 18:31 13 Aug 09

SATA or IDE?
is it a brand new drive that needs to be 'added' etc and formatted?

Which version of acronis TrueImage are you using?
Is it a 'full' acronis TrueImage CD that you are booting with? (full as opposed to short version)

gldni007 18:43 13 Aug 09

I had formatted the new SATA drive but I must have overlooked the structure. I first restored an old Ghost image that I had, then when I booted using TrueImage it now showed the new primary drive. I was able to restore the TrueImage backup image to the new drive. Thanks for all your suggestions.

gldni007 18:46 13 Aug 09

BTW, I use TrueImage 2009 Home version and was booting off the boot CD you create with the TrueImage software.

lotvic 22:18 13 Aug 09

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for the feedback on how you did it, that could help someone else who gets the same problem :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos