Unable to request URL....

daba 14:42 30 Dec 03

I keep getting the following message when I try to click some links in e-mails - this particular one is from a Dell newsletter.

Network Error
Unable to request URL from host adfarm.mediaplex.com:80: Connection refused

I have Internet Security settings set to "Internet Zone - Medium level" (I have tried lower, still no joy).

I have turned off cookie filter (AdSubtract).

Does the "80" in the message mean my firewall (SPF) is stopping the connection, and if so, how to allow it access.

TIA

daba 18:37 30 Dec 03

^ bump ^

johnnyrocker 18:43 30 Dec 03

click here;en-us;823301

johnny.

daba 18:59 30 Dec 03

no joy there, johnnyrocker, those "repairs" are for when nothing happens when you click a link, and were for XP anyway (I'm 98SE).

I still think it might be something to do with Sygate Personal Firewall, but can't see how to adjust for the error message I'm getting.

johnnyrocker 19:02 30 Dec 03

sorry about that maybe you would have more luck
click here

johnny.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 19:02 30 Dec 03

Could try turning off the .dll handling part if it turned on see if thast helps.

Regards.

taffyal 11:36 26 Jan 04

When I go to ebay the page appears with the message"unable to request URL from host ad. doubleclick.net:80 connection refused. When I turn off Adsubtract it appears as a "cannot find"
message. The ebay page runs fine, its as if it is blocking an ad on the page, but even with AV , firewall & adstopper turned off it still happens. Only stared a few days ago, restoring doesnt help. Any ideas? Cheers, Al

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…