unable to remove sp2

De Nada 12:33 09 Jun 06

Been having problems with windows security centre not monitoring sygate firewall and avast antivirus, i am not able to access windows firewall atall,ithought if i remove sp2 and reload it, it may solve the problem,i go to add/remove and click delete,it gets so far then a small window appears saying it has failed to uninstall,then i get nine windows updates to install,as i said in my previous thread two weeks ago i am waiting for my legal copy of windows xp pro,i found that my copy was illegal so i paid for a legal copy from microsoft,£92,i received a new key via email and i am waiting for cd so i can try a repair,thanks in advance,

Genius1 13:07 09 Jun 06

Windows Security Centre does not monitor all brands of security software. If you have Sygate firewall installed and functioning then you should not need Windows Firewall as well. If you're waiting for your XP CD to arrive, then I'd just wait untill you reinstall - all should be OK then. Not being able to access Windows Firewall may be a side effect of your illegal copy of Windows.

Genius1 13:09 09 Jun 06

PS - if you added on SP2 after you installed Windows then you could do a system restore to the point before SP2 was installed. You could then just download SP2 again from Microsoft.

De Nada 13:42 09 Jun 06

thanks very much,i think i will wait for my cd qnd take it from there,joel.

De Nada 19:02 09 Jun 06

just a thought,could i try to install sp2 over whats already loaded to see if it would repair damaged or corrupt files in sp2?.

Genius1 10:23 10 Jun 06

You could give it a try, although back up all things important and set a system restore point in case anything goes wrong!

De Nada 10:35 10 Jun 06

going to give it a try now,will get back,hopefully,

De Nada 11:01 10 Jun 06

my copy of windows has just popped through the door, so i wiil try a repair.

De Nada 16:18 10 Jun 06

this is getting more baffling by the minute,i went to run and typed sfc/scannow and a box appeared saying it couldnt find it,i have got my xp disc now, will i be better doing a clean install? if so how do i go about it?thanks.

VoG II 16:21 10 Jun 06

There is a space before the /

sfc /scannow

click here

De Nada 16:38 10 Jun 06

thanks very much i will try now,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…