unable to remove program from pc

pcgal 20:50 21 Jul 03

I go to add/remove in xp and try to eject a program I installed last week and I'm receiving this message...........UNABLE TO OPEN INSTALL .LOG

I get the same message if I try and uninstall from start menu ....can anyone help

thanks

Jamie.com 20:58 21 Jul 03

What is it that you are trying to eject.
When you get a error like Unable to open install log file, it means that a error occurs if your TEMP directory is missing or unwriteable

pcgal 20:59 21 Jul 03

jamie its adaware from lavasoft

Jamie.com 21:06 21 Jul 03

You could try the Reinstall to see if you get a "clean" uninstall.

Jamie.com 21:13 21 Jul 03

If that does not work, then you could get on to Lave Soft Tech support or see if there is a FQA on there website.

User-312386 21:17 21 Jul 03

you will have to uninstall in safemode

restart computer and start tapping the F5 key which will then take you into safe mode

now try and uninstall the programme

woodchip 21:18 21 Jul 03

To remove follow these step's closely, go to start\find\files or folders type in the box lavasoft click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with lavasoft in it. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type lavasoft and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than lavasoft then reboot your computer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…