Unable to reinstall webcam

Sealer 17:41 09 Oct 05

Hi, My Lebecca webcam has packed in! I moved it from its USB port to another port on a USB hub(same PC). My pc has recognised it but cannot install it as it already has a driver installed(i dont know where) When I try to uninstall it wont let me as there is a driver installed."the driver has been detected in your machine, would youlike to uninstall the driver?, Notice if your system is windows 200 or windows XP please plug pc camera and then press ok button to uninstall driver" this does not work if i plug in or unplug. Help please. Win XP Home

johnnyrocker 17:51 09 Oct 05

right click my computer/properties/hardware/device manager and delete from there,

johnny.

Sealer 17:54 09 Oct 05

Hi; I tried that but every time i plug in and try to reinstall I get the same message :-(

johnnyrocker 18:04 09 Oct 05

i believe most webcams need to have the cd run and wait for the installation disk to advise when to connect.

johnny.

Sealer 18:10 09 Oct 05

As they say"there lies a problem" The installation file is on my pc. The rest is history (See above) Thanks

johnnyrocker 18:13 09 Oct 05

safe mode?

johnny.

Sealer 18:26 09 Oct 05

Pass, I can delete the cam from my device list but, lookin at the properties it has no driver assigned to it.

Sealer 20:31 09 Oct 05

Found an old disk that has done the trick without using the setup file on my pc.... Who's a happy boy now then?

Cheers Johnny for trying

johnnyrocker 00:06 10 Oct 05

no prob yw

johnny

jay77 03:06 10 Oct 05

This is similar to my saga without the happy ending 11 weeks on!

jay77 03:09 10 Oct 05

I tried what you said above but have win 98 se,cant find properties dervices etc,what do i try on this format cheers j!"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5