Unable to read recieved E-mails

johnbull 13:50 12 May 05

I use WindowsXP Pro and until this morning have had no trouble in having my recieved E-Mails displayed! Yet now, allthough when I connect to Internet Explorer it tell me that I have three new messages, when I click to view them, a new pane comes up! stating that "there are no items in this view" yet when I look in the left hand section I'm informed that I have 33 messages and three unread ones!! I'd be extremely grateful if someone could help me solve this problem Many Thanks
Regards Johnbull

igk 16:34 12 May 05

It might sound daft! but they could be e-mails that were sent with the wrong time ie in the recent past,have you looked along your list of e-mails to see if they are out of sight?

Fingees 16:35 12 May 05

Surely you use outlook express to view Emails, or do you use a web based mail.

Try viewing them with outlook express if they are not web based.

DieSse 17:05 12 May 05

If you're using Outlook Express (it's not clear from above) - then go to View - Current View and set it it to "Show all messages"

Otherwise can you explain more clearly what you are trying to do.

johnbull 17:06 12 May 05

igk many thanks for your reply. As I said; all the e-mails I had recieved over the past days were read by me! the new ones ( recieved today) are just listed as being in my folder(C:\Documents and Settings\John\local settings\Applications) when I try to open the folder I get an almost blank screen stating "there are no items in this view, and below that it states no message selected!! p.s. (I now have six new e-mails that I can't access!)
Fingees: Many thanks to you also! you are of course correct I should have stated Outlook Express not "Internet Explorer"

johnbull 18:55 12 May 05

DieSse Many thanks for your reply and advice! (I am using Outlook Express) I spent ages going into virtually every available option i.e.file,edit,view,tools(options) message etc. However, I must admit that I tried virtually every available option and I suspect that by pure chance I must have gone into the View-Current View-Show All Messages and succeeded in getting my new e-mail messages displayed (this was just prior to recieving your probably correct advice) What is still puzzling me! is how did this Cxxk UP happen in the first place?? i.e. I simply turned the computer off last eve. and turned it on this morning!! Anyway my sincerest thanks to you and the others who so kindly tried to help me with this problem, it is very much appreciated
Regards Johnbull

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…