Unable to print documents from Internet

xtone 18:10 25 Feb 05

I am running Internet Explorer under Windows 98SE and have suddenly ceased to be able to print down documents - HTML or PDF - from the Internet or to print e-mails. I get the following Error Message:

An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Line 28
Char 1
Error Incompatible version of the RPC stub.
Code 0
URL: res://C.WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/preview.dlg
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

Would appreciate help as this problem is making life very difficult for me as you can imagine.

xtone 22:05 25 Feb 05

This is an add-on to the original thread. I neglected to mention I had already checked that Disable script de-bugging is checked and that Display a notification about every script error is unnchecked but I still get these error messages. I have also checked for spyware with Spybot, Ad Aware and Anonymiser.

VoG II 22:15 25 Feb 05
  naviator 15:34 26 Feb 05

I have had the same problem over the past ten days. It first started after I renewed my subscription to my security system provider which, incidentally, is worth every penny. However I think the fault which appeared was purely coincidental. Having tried everything mentioned on this site together with what Microsoft had to offer - and none of it worked - I uninstalled IE6 completely which left me with IE5. I could print from this. Obviously then a browser problem. I have a Wanadoo Broadband disk although Broadband is not yet available in my area. HOWEVER the disk contains a copy of IE6 which takes about 7 minutes to download to the computer - by dial-up from Microsoft it takes 1 hour and 50 minutes! Other providers' disks probably contain a copy of IE6 too. Anyway this is a cautionary tale - don't muck about (I wasted several hours trying to sort it) simply uninstall and then re-install your browser by whatever means. Hope this helps.

Fellsider 15:38 26 Feb 05

IE6 is on the download page of this site

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…