Unable to play Music in Media Player 9

recordboy 15:26 15 May 03

Hi, I have a Packard Bell Ipower 5542 laptop that has a curious trick of stopping when playing music files that I have on the Hard drive. It will play for a little while then reboots it self then I get an error message.This machine has been reformated twice now to try and cure the problem, as yet no such joy. In all other respects the laptop is working very well.

Any thoughts please
Recordboy

luvpup 17:37 15 May 03

Hi rec.

When the file starts playing, click pause, try right clicking on the file name on the RHS of the view window in MP9, then click properties, if you are short any codecs, it should say there.

Otherwise, have you got the driver cd for the laptop, or have you changed any of the hardware in there. Goto control panel, click system, click device manager, check for any hardware problems.

Hope you can sort it mate. Luckily it's a laptop, so you can take it with u to ask someone who mught know...

Stuartli 17:41 15 May 03

Are all the codecs enabled in WMP (Tools>Options>Files Types?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…