Unable to play DVD Film's

Arokh. 13:43 24 May 03

Just this week I bought a DVD Rom for my pc, I had a old copy of PowerDVD from my previous PC,
I installed the Driver for my player and installed powerDVD I also connected a small cable from the DVD to to motherboard, this cable came with the DVD, but when I try to run PowerDVD I am confronted by this

(The hardware-accelerated decoding function provided by your display card is not available.)

does anyone know what this is referring to.
My graphics card is a Nvidia Ti4200 and th M/B is a GigaByte 8INXP.
Regards Arokh

The Transporter 14:55 24 May 03

Usually if changing hardware your pc should pick it up straight away. Only thing needed to be installed is PowerDVD.

If it is XP you will need PowerDVD XP or Similar. You could try going into program compatibility wizard to make it run as win 98.

Make sure you have the latest drivers for you g.card.

click here

You want the 43.51 whql drivers, not the uncertified ones.

Also bios update

click here

Also maybe you may need the latest via drivers. 4.46 You might not require these.

click here

Gaz 25 17:00 24 May 03

I had a simalar problem, disable Hardware accelleration in config of Power DVD, this may work.,

If it is XP only Power DVD XP will work best, pick it up on the cheap these days,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…