Unable to open a UDF formatted CD

whitelighter 09:49 20 May 03

I have been sent a cd but it is in UDF format only. I have tried to open it but the cd is blank when viewed with windows explorer.

I also use Nero software for burning.

How do I read this UDF disk as I have not come accross the format before.

Mango Grummit 10:42 20 May 03

See if this works for you whitelighter, UDF Reader --

click here

Pesala 11:25 20 May 03

That link is a bit broken, but if you scroll to the bottom of the page you should find this link:

click here

When you insert a Direct CD into a PC that doesn't have the reader installed, you should get a dialogue box asking if you wish to install the UDF reader. If you install the software from the above link, this should accomplish the same result, and hopefully will be compatible with Windows XP - some older versions of Roxio create CD with UDF readers that are not compatible with XP. If you gave been given one of these, uninstall the UDF reader, and install the latest version from the above link.

Please post back with the results. I will be interested to see if this works under XP or Windows 2000.

pj123 15:03 20 May 03

If you have Nero Burn you should also have InCD.

InCD needs to be installed to read UDF discs.

whitelighter 08:48 21 May 03

Thanks for all help.

I resolved the problem by a download from adaptec.com

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…