Unable to open registry key

chochi 20:28 21 Mar 08

When I try to close some programmes with the X at top righthand corner, I get the following messages
Unable to open registry key HKLM\software\motive\acme\plugin\vendor.localcontentroot
Then
Cannot find script file C:\windows\null\vendor\close pch button.js for reading
Is there any way I can get the missing bits back?

alan2273 23:34 21 Mar 08

Windows XP1. Click Start, click Run, type %SystemRoot%\System32\Restore\Rstrui.exe, and then click OK.
2. On the Welcome to System Restore page, click Restore my computer to an earlier time (if it is not already selected), and then click Next .
3. On the Select a Restore Point page, click the system checkpoint. In the On this list select the restore point area, click an entry that is named "Guided Help (Registry Backup)," and then click Next. If a System Restore message appears that lists configuration changes that System Restore will make, click OK.
4. On the Confirm Restore Point Selection page, click Next. System Restore restores the previous Windows XP configuration and then restarts the computer.
5. Log on to the computer. When the System Restore confirmation page appears, click OK..

chochi 00:33 22 Mar 08

Thanks for your reply. I should have said that this is not a new problem, so system restore would not fix it, as I do not know when it first started. I have to add that I did not find an entry "Guided Help (Registry Backup)," would that only appear when a change had been made to the registry?

brundle 01:49 22 Mar 08

Running any BT software? Tried a simple registry clean? click here?
Is your machine a Hewlett Packard, does it have some HP software running in the system tray when Windows has finished loading?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video