Unable to open photos in PSE 2 using 'Open With'

Skeletor 00:28 31 Dec 03

Hi all,

I was given Photoshop Elements 2 for Christmas. Installed it ok and all seems fine...except, when I right click a photo in 'My Pictures' folder, I am unable to open the photo in PS Elements 2 using the 'Open With'command. Even after selecting PSE 2 in 'choose Program', it still doesn't appear in the list of progams. I previously used PSE 1 without this problem.BTW, if I have PSE 2 running, and then I open a photo using PSE 2's 'Open' command, then there is no problem. I hope this is clear.

Win XP Home

Many thanks.

hugh-265156 00:39 31 Dec 03

when you select elements in open with did you tick the "always use this program" box afterwards?

Skeletor 01:01 31 Dec 03

Thanks huggyg71,

I am unable to tick the 'Always use the selected program to open this type of file' box as I can't get PSE 2 to appear in the Open With-Programs box. I've tried an uninstall/reinstall...still no joy.

hugh-265156 01:05 31 Dec 03

did you use the "browse" tab to find it first and select it?

Skeletor 01:08 31 Dec 03

Sometimes I just feel so stupid!

Just took another look in PSE 2, and lo and behold I found a little thing called 'File association manager' does exactly what it says on the tin. Doh!

Sorry guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…