Unable to open PDF files

thumbscrew 09:36 05 Jan 09

My Foxit reader won't open PDF files, just displays a blank screen with one line of text. Can anyone advise?

Technotiger 09:39 05 Jan 09

Try uninstalling and then re-installing Foxit.

thumbscrew 09:49 05 Jan 09

Thanks Technotiger...off to work now, I'll do it when I return and report back.

thumbscrew 09:57 05 Jan 09

Did it quickly...still won't open, merely one line of gobbledygook..."htmlbodyembedtypepdfsrc" etc etc

Technotiger 10:20 05 Jan 09

Hmm, un-install it using click here when you are prompted to re-start your computer, DO NOT re-start. Let Revo continue, when you get the option to Choose All and Delete all, DO SO. After clicking on Finish re-start your computer.

Now re-install Foxit, and try the PDF again.

Sea Urchin 10:57 05 Jan 09

Are you talking about all PDF files or one particular file - if just one then I would doubt it is a straightforward PDF file. I suspect it might be an embedded video file or some such thing

click here

Technotiger 11:18 05 Jan 09

Or perhaps embedded Audio file?

thumbscrew 21:17 05 Jan 09

Thanks Sea Urchin and Technotiger again. Done all that, uninstalled the lot and then put back Adobe only. Still can't open the original link but another definite PDF opens. Could I possibly ask you to try the link and see if it opens for you? It's click here and you click on routes and then try to one of the routes timetables. Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 21:21 05 Jan 09

Works fine here with Foxit 1.3.

The files have an image and a tables of text so nothing out of the ordinary. Can you right click on the link and save it; then try opening it locally?

Zak 21:21 05 Jan 09

I have just tested your link in FireFox and opened several "routes" PDF with FoxitReader - all working quite normally.

Not sure why you are experiencing problems.

Zak 21:24 05 Jan 09

Version 3.0 Build 1301

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5