unable to open outlook express 6

bill.gates 18:58 02 May 05

I am running windows 2000 and for some reason i can no longer open outlook express 6, i get the splash screen and thats it.. can anyone help? Cheers, richard

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:13 02 May 05

OE Freezing
Disable AVG by right clicking the icon and selecting close - i can't remember the exact wording but you see and option to close the shield or something.

If OE now opens OK you need to clear out loads of rubbish from your folders. Basically AVG is scanning all the folders every time OE opens and if you have loads of attachments (esp big pics) it can cause OE to hang as it times out whilst waiting for AVG to finish scanning. Once you have deleted all can afford to loose empty the deleted items and then File, Folder, Compact All Folders.

Reboot and OE should be OK whilst AVG is running. Just remember that you need to make sure you don't build up loads of old mail in your OE.

remarkably common problem with AVG and OE.

bill.gates 20:03 02 May 05

I have a different antivirus program, though did disable that and tried to open oe, same problem though, just freezes.. arrrr...
when i press ctrl alt del, i see a lot of cpu usage... do you have another solution please.. thanks..richard

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:25 02 May 05

OE Help
click here

bill.gates 22:38 02 May 05

Hi, thanks for your help, deleted inbox now everything ok.. cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…