Unable to open or delete jpeg files via Explorer

mikeclevedon 17:44 19 Dec 03

When trying to open a jpeg image via Explorer (either by double clicking, or right click, file open), a new explorer window opens, but there's no image. Also, if I try to delete the file, I get 'Access denied' and something about 'is the file protected, read only, or is disk full (the answer is 'No'). I can access/delete BMP files no problem - I can also open the JPEGs using paint or Irfan Viewer (with which I can delete the files). Anyone know why I can't handle the JPEGs via Explorer? I always used to be able to, and am not aware that I've downloaded anything dodgy, or altered an settings. Cheers

Diodorus Siculus 18:28 19 Dec 03

I think it is because the preview of the file opens in the left hand pane and so is in use.

Try turning off image preview in Windows Explorer.

mikeclevedon 18:53 19 Dec 03

Pardon my ignorance, but how do you turn off image preview in Windows Explorer? I can't find any reference to it in the Help pages, or on any of the tabs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…