Unable to open my freeserve account through windows mail..

buckaneer 11:24 24 Jan 12

Hi, i have been trying to log into my old freeserve account through windows mail. I have filled in all the appropriate fields as far as i know are true. After i have clicked on finish, a small box appears asking me for my log in and password. I have put in my fsnet address and am sure the password is correct. but it keeps popping back up..

Is there anyway i can ask for a new password via another e-mail account if it is wrong or if i am putting in the correct password, which i'm sure i am, am i doing something wrong with how i have set it up through window.????

Any ideas??

thanx

Ibanez2010 11:33 24 Jan 12

Try logging in through webmail on the website.

Ian in Northampton 11:36 24 Jan 12

Every ~250 days or so, I have to 'renew' my Freeserve account, as I haven't been an Orange customer for some time. That's probably what's happening here: your account has been suspended, and needs to be reactivated.

cocteau48 11:43 24 Jan 12

"i have been trying to log into my old freeserve account"

Is the account still active?

If it has not been used in the past 219 days Orange will deactivate it and unregister it if it goes beyond 259 days,see here enter link description here

Ian in Northampton 11:54 24 Jan 12

Cocteau: what's annoying is Orange's definition of 'active'. I think they mean 'if you haven't sent anything'. I check my old Freeserve account just about every week to make sure I'm not missing anything and delete the pile of spam that's accumulated - but I still have to reactivate periodically.

Secret-Squirrel 12:21 24 Jan 12

"what's annoying is Orange's definition of 'active'. I think they mean 'if you haven't sent anything'..."

Presumably your e-mail address is from the old Freeserve dial-up days. If so then "active" probably means that you haven't dialled in, and therefore, Orange haven't received any income ;)

I've had trouble finding the correct dial-up number on the Orange website so you could get in touch with them and ask. It's obviously only worth you doing that if your PC's got a dial-up modem.

Secret-Squirrel 12:35 24 Jan 12

...I wish there was an "Edit" button on these forums :(

Anyhow, I've since found THIS on the Orange site. So, if you can dial-in for a few seconds once every seven months or so it should keep your account alive.

Ian in Northampton 15:23 24 Jan 12

I just dug up my correspondence with Orange:

+++

I'm sorry to learn that you're having issues logging into your Orange email account.

I've checked our records and your email account currently shows as suspended. To reactivate your account please visit www.orange.co.uk/time/retrestaccount.htm

For more information regarding the suspension and reactivation process attached to our Dial Up Pay As You Go email accounts please see our article at:

http://help.orange.co.uk/orangeuk/support/selfservice/forwardrendererurl.jsp?DocId=234443

+++

Those instructions wanted me to run an .ini file. I queried that with Orange, and got this back:

+++

When you restore a Pay As You Go Dial Up account, you don't need to install the .ini file if you're using an alternative method of internet connection such as broadband. When you've reached the stage of downloading the .ini file you can click sign out, without downloading the .ini file, as your account has now been restored after accepting the Terms and Conditions.

+++

I hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…