Unable to open hotmail.com, just a blank page

oscar40 11:25 06 Sep 03

I have tried to access the hotmail page with no success since formatting my hard drive. I have ME as my OS and use IE 6. Java is, to the best of my knowledge, enabled and the security settings are not too high (medium). Any suggestions to help me see my emails would be great
Thankyou!

WebGuy 13:04 06 Sep 03

When your frend is writing E-mail, in a application like a Outlook Express he must change "Rich text" to "Plain text" (if you are getting "text only" e-mails with a picture in attachment), so the text and the other stuff in attachment.

oscar40 15:53 07 Sep 03

I can't get into the system to open an email I am not getting the log on page I get DONE in the bottom left corner but a blank screen apart from this.

john-232317 16:13 07 Sep 03

Why dont you try installing IE6 again, maybe there are some files missing, all your settings will stay the same.

Are you going to MSN page then hotmail, or straight to hotmail ?, i have no prob accessing either.

Is this the only page you cant get ?

oscar40 20:29 07 Sep 03

I have tried to gain access both ways but failed I am unaware at this time of any other site that is blocking me.

VoG II 20:37 07 Sep 03

Two ideas:

Do a search for a file called "hosts" - no extension, just "hosts". If you find it, open it in Notepad and see of there is any reference to hotmail. If there is, rename it to "hosts.old" and try again.

Second idea - look for any cookies associated with Hotmail and delete them.

oscar40 18:26 08 Sep 03

even more curious I have now gained access to my account via msn messenger but I still am unable to get throught the front door

oscar40 18:28 08 Sep 03

response to VOG
I have no mention of hotmail on "hosts" and all cookies are supposedly wiped by an internet eraser each time I come off the internet

JMG 18:38 08 Sep 03

Have you an internet filter running, a separate program perhaps which is blocking Hotmail.

billyliv 18:52 08 Sep 03

Hi, If I am correct you have to have the MSN Hotmail cookie enabled to access Your hotmail account. Cheers, Bill

forbiddenthought 18:55 08 Sep 03

Currently running XP pro, with an NTL 600k connection, and with a fully updated version of NAV2004.

I, too, cannot access hotmail.com - getting the standard "page cannot be displayed" message. However, i also cannot access msn.com, or quite a number of msn-related pages.

I also cannot sign in to msn or windows messenger, despite being able to access virtually every other web page and download/upload information through other programmes perfectly well.

I presume that NAV rules out a virus so i am ensure what to do!

Looking for help on the internet all i can find is that american AOL customers had similar problems last tuesday, but that "issue" is resolved. Anyone heard anything or able to offer any help?
thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…