Unable to open hotmail account

Joanna B 09:10 06 Jan 14

Hi My partner has a Compaq laptop (Vista - about 4 years old). He was unable to open up his on-line bank details or his Hotmail account. He has a (3three) dongle to connect to internet which does show a full signal. He took it to PC World (as he pays a monthly fee) and they were able to open up both straight away! They couldn't understand why he couldn't open either site when he was at home but did say he had no anti virus software and so he purchased McAfee Live (from PC World). I spent 2 hours that evening trying to download it including 2 "live" chats with their helpdesk to no avail. I ended up taking it back to PC World and it took them 2 weeks over the Xmas period before they were able to download it due to problems! We thought that would solve the issue of not being able to open up his bank and e-mails but, although he can now access his on-line bank, he is still unable to open up his Hotmail account?
Any suggestions as to why? Many thanks, Joanna

chub_tor 10:25 06 Jan 14

Has he gone to www.outlook.com and logged in to his account that way or is he trying to look at Hotmail via an email client such as Windows Mail?

Joanna B 11:28 06 Jan 14

Hi Sorry for delay in replying. He has a shortcut on his desktop and it goes straight to Windows Mail. Many thanks Joanna

Joanna B 11:31 06 Jan 14

Actually, I can access his e-mail account from my computer and have just tried (to see what page it opened up in) and it does show Outlook at the top so not sure now whether I was right in my last post!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…