unable to open e-mail attatchments

tomsam 19:35 29 Jun 06

Hi
New to computing when trying to open e-mail attatchments I get the message "this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action create an association in the folder options control panel " I am unable to locate this ???? Help !!!!

VoG II 19:39 29 Jun 06

click here - even if these are not .pps attachments read the article to the end.

johndrew 19:47 29 Jun 06

What exactly are you trying to open? Photos, documents or something else?

Many attachments are better dealt with by copying to the desktop, right clicking and selecting `open with....` but to decide what to use you need to have an idea of what they are (photos, documents...).

I suggest you click on the paperclip, select `Save Attachments` in the widow wich opens select `Documents and Settings\`you`\desktop` and click on `Save`.

The file or whatever will appear on you desktop and you can select a tool/program to open it. The tool will depend on the suffix (.txt or .png or .jpg etc.) For .txt use `Notepad`, for .png or .jpg use `Paint` etc.

Does this help?

Sharpamatt 08:30 02 Jul 06

Have you set you email presumed outlook express to allow attachments ?

Open OE go to tools, options, security and look for the first two square boxs at the top

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…