Unable to open a doctors practice site

Acornone 16:24 08 May 06

My doctors practice site seems to have been taken over by a dormain site as below. This action is very serious as it is a way that you can book appointment on line and order perscriptions.

The address of the practice is

click here When logging on to this you get click here. I have just left the surgery and they get the same.

Is there a way of exposing this site and causing them shame as it could be very serious to the health of many people.

Acornone

Diodorus Siculus 16:38 08 May 06

Seems like a hosting error; the whois info is correct and the registration hasn't expired.

Registrant:
The Vauxhall Practice

Registrant type:
UK Partnership

Registrant's address:
Vauxhall lane
Chepstow
Monmouthshire
NP16 5PZ
GB

Registrant's agent:
PIPEX Communications Hosting Ltd t/a 123-Reg.co.uk [Tag = 123-REG]
URL: click here

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 20-Apr-2005
Renewal date: 20-Apr-2007

Registration status:
Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
ns.123-reg.co.uk
ns2.123-reg.co.uk

WHOIS lookup made at 16:38:03 08-May-2006

Stuartli 16:40 08 May 06

It's the responsibility of the doctor's surgery IT staff to sort it out once made aware of the situation.

Have you informed the surgery's reception staff manager?

spuds 17:18 08 May 06

Trying various things, it appears as though you get refereed back to the host site and not the actual practice,so no security as been breached.

If you have notified the practice, and you must have done, due to the fact that you know that they are having the same problem. Then its for them to contact their website manager, and get things corrected.

One thing that would worry me slightly, is the mention of booking appointments and ordering prescriptions etc. Is there not an individual patients password system, as a safeguard, as it would appear as though you have concerns on this matter!.

Acornone 19:04 08 May 06

Thank you all for the replies. Yes I have informed the practice and of course the staff are users and are not really IT staff so they have to try to sort it out.
As far as passwords are concerned, yes there are three number entries to make and an individuals own selected password.

Anyway thank you all. I thought that it was worth brining to your notice.

Cheers

Acornone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…