unable to open docs sent to me

johnnyrocker 19:43 06 Jun 04

i think the problem might be open office ,org related, just lately documents sent to me and saved in my docs are save as a notepad icon with coloured icon top left corner a few blue lines and the a large slanted red A office org wont open it and i cant find how to open these word docs.

ton 19:53 06 Jun 04

In Windows Explorer, hold down the Shift key and right click on the file; select Open With. Scroll down the list (or Browse) to find the office program you want to open it. Make sure "Always open with" is ticked.

johnnyrocker 19:58 06 Jun 04

thats my problem i only have open office and that will not touch it, nothing happens when i do that.

VoG II 20:12 06 Jun 04

That's a Wordpad icon. Try starting Wordpad and opening the document from the File menu.

johnnyrocker 20:39 06 Jun 04

it opens them but in an unuseable format, not worth printing, when they first came in the mail i could open them with office but it said some sort of converter could not be opened and i selected open anyway and since then cant open,

johnnyrocker 06:48 07 Jun 04

johnnyrocker 06:55 07 Jun 04

cracked it, i set it in folder options to be opened by open office which still did not work but when right clicking i find i now have word pad facility which i did not have before and that works a treat, hope this might help someone else. thanks to those wh offered suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…