Unable to Open Browser or Pages

number1barnacle 20:14 05 Aug 03

For some reason when I log on via BT openworld on my laptop running windows XP Home edition, I can't veiw any pages..I get the message This page cannot be displayed..etc..go to tools..etc..When I check my settings the only thing that has changed is the number of ****in my pass word.. I thought (wrongly) that this was the problem but I have, through this site, been advised this is not so..Any help please.
I've tried IE. Netscape. Demon. etc..
Some one told me I had corrupted files, if so where do I go from here...

Jester2K II 20:21 05 Aug 03

What happens if you type a new address in to the address bar and hit Go?

Saw this once and the home page was set to a cached This Page Cannot Be Displayed Page.

number1barnacle 23:45 05 Aug 03

Tried this but still same result

john-232317 07:59 06 Aug 03

If the length of the password has changed, then surely it wont work cos either way "some missing or some added **** " must have made the password invalid ????

Kitz E Kat 08:39 06 Aug 03

Do you have anti virus software, is this getting updates when your 'online', IE. is anything able to 'get' out ?

arnolddog 21:28 06 Aug 03

i had this problem when i installed a new firewall on my friends computer.the only way to fix it was to uninstall firewall and internet connection and reinstall internet connection without firewall.

number1barnacle 22:16 06 Aug 03

That's what I thought but I still can log on

number1barnacle 22:19 06 Aug 03

McAfee was installed but I have not been able to up date it

number1barnacle 22:22 06 Aug 03

I have the free Zone alarm installed, I'll give your suggestion a try.....

mol01 22:26 06 Aug 03

I have a feeling u may be having the same problem I have esp as u have mcafee installed. See my "mcaffee block internet post" as I have a possible solution (I haven't tried it as yet)

number1barnacle 23:18 07 Aug 03

Thanks, I've uninstalled Zonealarm and McAfee and I did get to view pages, some failed to load with the same 'This page cannot be.....' after a while it became clear that sites associated to BT were the ones that gave me problems. Without any prompts, BT came up with..'BT openworld Trouble Shooter'..
After nearly FOUR & A HALF HOURS LATER messing around with their downloads (only to be disconnected EVERY time I was about to start) I still am no further forward...I was hoping that I could send you this message via laptop. but alas thanks to the wonderful world of BT I'm still using my desktop. However I think we are on the right track, so I'll keep plugging (why I ever bought shares in BT I'll never know) W*****s Whay's the alternitive?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…