unable to open attachments which I have downloaded

dune3 16:15 07 Mar 05

I'm having great difficulty opening my attachments; after downloading, when I try to open an attachment, a small window opens and reads 'Windows cannot find Program exe This program is needed for opening files of type PPS file'. The only step I've taken to try to cure the problem is to download Internet Explorer 6 (from Microsoft freeware) which is my current browser, but this hasn't helped to solve my problem. I check my emails daily and this problem started 2 days ago. I use Windows 98. I contacted MSN.com and Yahoo.co.uk by email about this problem but they have been no help whatsoever, and advise me to go onto Online Support. Can you please help?

Diodorus Siculus 16:16 07 Mar 05

PPS - powerpoint file.

Do you have powerpoint? If not, try the free viewer from MS.

Diodorus Siculus 16:17 07 Mar 05

Download details: PowerPoint Viewer 97 for PowerPoint 97, 2000, and 2002 Users
click here

dune3 16:38 07 Mar 05

Thank you very much Diodorus Siculus, I have downloaded and installed Powerpoint 97 into my C/Program Files folder, are there any adjustments further to be made to my PC or should I go directly to my email account and see if I can open some attachments? I am a complete computer novice and am still in the learning process. What next?

Diodorus Siculus 16:48 07 Mar 05

Simply try to open one of the pps attachments.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…