unable to log in to paypal

User-211239 18:50 14 Feb 04

cant access paypal on my computer ok on friends or library just get page not available

LastChip 18:54 14 Feb 04

are you using?

It's almost certainly something to do with your security settings.

woodchip 18:58 14 Feb 04

IS THIS ANY GOOD TO YOU

A new customer relationship

After the close of business (US Pacific time) on 12 February 2004, our EU customers will automatically be transferred to a customer relationship with PayPal (Europe) Ltd.

This is a positive development that allows us to provide our users in Europe with improved services to satisfy local needs, both online and through our new European Customer Service Centre in Dublin.

If for any reason you do not wish this change to take effect, you will need to close your existing PayPal account. To do this, log in to your PayPal account and click 'Profile' to access the relevant link.

If your primary address is in the US, please update your address details to reflect this. This will ensure the continuation of your customer relationship with PayPal Inc. beyond 12 February 2004. To update your address, log in to your PayPal account and click 'Profile' to access the relevant link.

Otherwise, with no action on your part, your customer relationship will be transferred to PayPal (Europe) Ltd. with effect from the close of business on 12 February 2004 (US Pacific time).

From that point on, when you use your account, it will be governed by the new User Agreement and Privacy Policy with PayPal (Europe) Ltd. These are similar to your current User Agreement and Privacy Policy with PayPal, Inc., but without US-specific references and modified mainly to comply with financial services and consumer protection requirements under UK law. Please take time to read these documents and the FAQs for full details.

If you use your PayPal (Europe) Ltd. account after 12 February 2004, you will be deemed to have accepted the terms of the new User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

To learn about the introduction of PayPal (Europe) Ltd., visit our FAQs. For any other questions that are not answered in our FAQs, please contact our Customer Service Department on:

* 08707 307 191 if calling from the UK
* +353 1 436 9001 if calling from anywhere else in the EU

R4 19:05 14 Feb 04

As LastChip suggested it may be your security settings.

You should get onto the PAYPAL main page as a normal web page wether you have an account or not try here: click here

User-211239 19:07 14 Feb 04

internet explorer

User-211239 19:09 14 Feb 04

can get onto main page okay but cant log in

LastChip 19:25 14 Feb 04

Just tried my own account and logged in with no problem.

So it seems their transition has in fact been seamless.

Have you ever been able to log-in from the machine you are querying? If so, what has changed to potentially cause the problem?

User-211239 09:59 15 Feb 04

ie6 i used to be able to log in ok
when i first had trouble i was on ie5 i tried changing to ie6 no difference i also tried a freeserve email address instead of virgin no difference i do remember getting an email ithought was from vigin which just said
FORBIDDEN in large letters which i deleted straight away ihave norton antirus2003 andnorton personal firewall paypal arent much help they wany me to log in to explain my problem witch is a catch 22

AndyJ 10:28 15 Feb 04

Your problem could also be caused by pop-up stopper programs and/or a firewall. So disable any pop-up stopper and check your firewall settings.

Make sure your SSL settings are all ticked under Tools/InternetOptions/Advanced and cryptographic services are running (in the Start/Run box type services.msc, and make sure the Cryptographic Services have started and are on automatic -right-click on it for the properties.

If everything's OK it could be that your Winsock has been damaged/altered (older versions of AdAware could do this if you weren't careful). As a last-ditch chance try LSP-Fix click here which will repair the winsock layer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…