Unable to log on to the net

bw48 15:48 19 Jan 03
  bw48 15:48 19 Jan 03

Help, I have this problem, I am unable to log on to my ISP. all goes well until i get to the verification sequence. At this point I get verification fail notice however the account is ok on another pc so the ISP is ok at their end.
The modem checks out ok and is also used sucessfuly for FAX. What I cannot get from MS knowledgebase is what is the sequence of events and whats happens and at what stage.
Any one had this trouble?? and where can i go for a chart of the events that need to happen..

graham 17:18 19 Jan 03

There being no other response, can I assume you are trying to access the same account on two computers? I'm pretty sure you can't do that, otherwise other people could use your account. The ISP checks the computers ID.

bw48 18:11 20 Jan 03

Graham TKU for responding.
Sri, did noit make myself to clear on first mesasage. With payasyougo account ISP does not need to know who only that the the user and password are good. In this case the first login is accepted, its at the second verification, I assume at this stage the ISP is asking for conformation of the user/password?? RNAAAP.exe should spring to life and onpass stored info??
THis seems to be failing. What i wanted to know is the process that the software should be taking when the ISP asks for the Dialup info. Cos at this stage on this particular PC (WIN98SE) it fails. Gives a message. user/Password invalid. Watching the modem action and comparing it with another, the PC in question does not seem to respond. I mean the modem send lamp stays out. Also no action for the PC either. Its as though the ISP request has not been seen

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…