Unable to log in on any account except my son's

Kerswell 10:42 14 Oct 07

Since my son used the pc yesterday (google kids & teens). My pc starts up and goes to log in screen. I can enter my password and log in, but very soon after reaching the home screen it reboots (time after time).

I can get in via my son's account (limited a/c) and have run anti-virus and spyware successfully.

I have my personal account as admin and the original account as admin.

There are two further accounts; wife and guest. Wife has used hers recently before this problem. Guest has not been used for a long time.

I can't do sys restore on limited account?

johnnyrocker 10:46 14 Oct 07

you need in my opinion to run a virus scan on your profile if that was the one your using, try safe mode on your profile.

johnny.

Kerswell 10:53 14 Oct 07

How do I reply to your comments please (I am an idiot I know). By the way the only account I can log into is my son's. All the others reboot from the home screen.

Kerswell 10:54 14 Oct 07

Sorry (now being really thick)

Kerswell 10:56 14 Oct 07

How can i do that Johhny?

johnnyrocker 10:58 14 Oct 07

open your profile in safe mode if xp ie keep tapping F8 during boot up. then run your av scan with system restore cancelled.

johnny.

Rusty66 12:09 14 Oct 07

Many thanks for your interest. I had a wireless keyboard which wouldn't go into safe mode. Managed to get hold of a wired one and have done safe mode and then system restore and it appears to have sorted it. Don't know what the problem was . . . very strange.

You did mention virus scan on my profile but the computer had not been logged into by anyone but my son when the problem arose. I had not been able to log into anyone's account without it rebooting (except into my son's account). Sys restore seems to have sorted it but i would really like to know what the cause was so that i can safeguard against it happening in the future.

Cheers,
Kerswell

tullie 12:29 14 Oct 07

Whos Rusty66?Start your own thread.

tullie 12:31 14 Oct 07

Oh!!Is rusty Kerswell!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…