Unable to log in to A2.

Meshuga 13:17 05 Apr 05

For some time I have been using A2 Free version with no trouble but today, when trying to log in, it tells me that my account has expired but as far as I know, the free version does not expire, it is the personal paid for version that expires. When I enter my user name and password it won`t accept them. I have checked with A2 and they have verified my user name and PW and they are the ones that I am already using. What can I do please to get this prog working again. My OS is XPhome sp2.

jimv7 13:33 05 Apr 05

Download it again click here it sounds as if you have the paid for version installed.

Meshuga 14:02 05 Apr 05

Thanks jimv7, Should I uninstall the one on there first?

rawprawn 14:08 05 Apr 05

Yes uninstall, reboot to be on the safe side, and then download and install the free version. You will then have to register it (free)After that you can log in and update.

dogbreath1 14:10 05 Apr 05

The same thing has just happened to me and I definitely installed the free version! I went for the reinstall (per jimv7), but it wouldn't let me in initially so I opened a new account with an alternative email address. And yup the original version does require uninstalling first.

Meshuga 14:10 05 Apr 05

Thanks rawprawn.

Meshuga 15:43 05 Apr 05

Hi all. I have uninstalled the previous download and then , using a different email address, i opened a new account and downloaded A-Squared Free version and it works ok BUT, it shows as the Personal version and the expiry date is 5th May 05 which means its the 30 day trial period and will have to be paid for. It was definitely clicked on the free version. Anyone any thoughts on this please?

Meshuga 18:18 05 Apr 05

Since my last post I decided to download the free version on to a USB flash drive and this time it did download the free version ok and I have transferred it on to another PC that I have and it shows as free version with the expiry date in the year 3000. I shall try transferring it to the first PC when the Personal version expires. Many thanks to all who helped. Will tick this resolved.

sunny staines 18:24 05 Apr 05

got the same problem

sunny staines 15:44 07 Apr 05

A2 have admitted they had a problem when getting updates some free programs were converted to the pay version.

The FIX is close A2, then open explorer goto the a2 folder then delete the following two folders "a2guard.exe" and "a2handler.dll"

then close explorer open a2 and check for updates and all will be fixed.

The above worked for me.

roy 19:55 01 Jun 05

Bookmarked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…