Unable to load game CD-ROM - advice sought

James-299039 19:46 25 Jan 03

This question might seem like the old chestnut ‘how long is a piece of string?’

My son has been trying to load a football game (FIFA 2003) onto his computer. The first CD-ROM loads correctly but the second one merely brings a ‘please wait’ notice on the screen. He has tried waiting for up to half an hour in hope rather than expectation of something positive happening, but nothing does.

An enquiry to the maker’s online helpline has not even elicited a reply.

Now can anyone offer any general advice as to what might take the matter forward when the ‘please wait’ notice appears. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

We are not particularly computer-literate.

Many thanks for any help or advice.

bvw in bristol 19:57 25 Jan 03

Another problem is the amount of time it took to install this game. After clicking the “install” button, I left the house to change the oil on my car, sweep the garage, and hang Christmas lights around the roof of my house. When I returned, the sun had descended to the west and FIFA2K3 was still installing.

Copied and pasted from:click here

Might help you, not sure, not a gamer I'm afraid.

PªūĽ ™ ♂ 19:59 25 Jan 03

I have had this problem before although not with Fifa 2003, My problems have always been to do with Copy protection and the CD drive not being able to read past them. The last game I had this trouble with was UT 2003. If you have another Drive on your computer try it in there. It could also be that the disc Is faulty you could return it to the shop for a replacement. I wouldnt expect a response from EA in the near future from my experience they arent very good unless you phone the helpline, Even then there advice leaves a lot to be desired.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac