Unable to load driver from disk

techy gal 10:03 19 Sep 04

I am trying to load a driver for a USB 2.0 cable to link my old PC to my new PC in order to transfer files etc. I have successfully loaded the driver on the new PC but when I try to load it on the old one I selct the install option and the frame literally flashes up and disappears. I have tried it from the setup when browsing the disk, and from the run option as well but with the same result. Does anyone have any idea what might cause this and if I can do anything about it.

smokingbeagle² 10:22 19 Sep 04

?

techy gal 10:44 19 Sep 04

OS is W2000 how would I know if it supports USB2??

smokingbeagle² 10:56 19 Sep 04

Right click "My Computer". Left click Properties then Hardware then Device Manager. If you click on the + sign next to Universal Serial Bus Controllers, it will tell you what kind of USB you've got.

techy gal 16:15 19 Sep 04

pooh! It would seem that it does not support USB 2.0. Thank you for your help - presumably I'd need to buy an upgrade? Or alternatively copy everything I need onto a disk and load from there...

smokingbeagle² 17:12 19 Sep 04

it might be worth borrowing / buying an external hard drive and using it to transfer files ie old PC to external HD then external HD to new PC. An external HD is always useful for making back ups.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…