Unable to keep wireless connection?

albu 19:48 10 Sep 08

Using XP Home, o2 wirless router and belkin G+ USB wireless adapter.

I set up my wireless connection first with the cable, then go to wireless which works fine. The next day or a few days later when I boot up it tries to acquire a network address but fails.

In the next room (just next door) a wired connection works fine. I've noticed the wireless light on the router is always amber never green!

New to wireless and it seems a nightmare. Can anyone offer me any advice please?

Thanks in advance for any help given.

mgmcc 22:14 10 Sep 08

Dropped wireless connections are often the result of interference with the radio signal and changing the Channel number in the router's wireless settings can alleviate the problem.

dawood 01:20 12 Sep 08

Also some other external factors can affect the wireless signal strength click here , should reduce the interference as much as you can.

borofc 14:20 12 Sep 08

my laptop was working fine on wireles connected to BT openzone in hotel now when connect i only get BT web page tried to repair keeps coming up "no gateway" can you help please

ferdinent 01:17 13 Sep 08

Hi,

>Make sure you dont have any wirelss devices running the frequency of 2.4GHz in your wifi zone .
( like cordless phone , microwave oven,, etc.. )

>change the location of the router and the wirelss computer

>assaign static ip address to the WLAN adaptor

>if you are using windows wirelss utility , enable that service in the start up of the computer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…