Unable to Install Windows updates

dugit 17:59 02 Oct 08

Have windows XP packard bell 5095 and replaced my nvidia graphics driver recently due to major problems with it. The new nvidia graphics driver appears to be fine and I have no problems with screen freezing etc. However I now find that I am unable to install windows updates.
I have as microsoft article 822798 actioned:
1.Renamed Edb.log file. 2.Set cryptographic services to automatic 3.Renamed the Catroot2 folder 4.Reregistered Dll files 5.Removed hidden attribute from %Windir%.
I have reinstalled SP2 also windows installer 3.1 and disconnected security devices but still no success.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

VoG II 18:10 02 Oct 08

Try Dial-a-fix click here

birdface 18:11 02 Oct 08

As long as you are not on Vista you can try the last 2 click here's on this.click here of course if the first one works you don't need to try the second.

dugit 19:35 02 Oct 08

Have now removed red shield on the task bar.
When i now run window updates it says "Total 92 updates, 0KB, 0 minutes" which doesn't make sense to me.It says: Download ready to install. Then when i click "review and install" it comes up with "Some updates were not installed" but in fact none were installed.

birdface 21:08 02 Oct 08

Did you try dial-a-fix.

dugit 22:04 02 Oct 08

Yes and it came up with 1070 faults I don't trust these cure alls as a fault is usually specific and will require an answer for its particular fault.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced