Unable to install update.

Meshuga 19:59 27 Apr 05

A notice has appeared telling me that updates are ready to download to my computer. When I click to download it tells me that the update was unable to be successfully installed. The update is Nvidia Corporation Audio Codec Interface size 636KB released on oct 22 2004. The message is constantly appearing. How can I stop this please. My OS is XP Home sp2.

Technotiger 20:06 27 Apr 05

Hi, have you tried a System Restore back to an earlier date before this happenned?

Boluwd 20:43 27 Apr 05

I have exactly the same problem on my Mesh.
The following updates failed to install:
Nvidia Corporation - Sound - NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) MCP Audio Processing Unit
Nvidia Corporation - Sound - NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio Codec Interface

Technotiger 20:50 27 Apr 05

or assuming you do have nvidia cards, go to the nvidia site to download/install the latest drivers from there.

Meshuga 20:50 27 Apr 05

Technotiger, No have not tried sys restore. This has only appeared in the last half hour. Surely if I do use sys restore and there is an update due it wiull do the same thing again. Also, why should an update released in october last year take until now to appear?

Technotiger 20:55 27 Apr 05

I would also run ad-aware and a spychecker too - it might not be what it says it is.

Meshuga 21:40 27 Apr 05

Have run adaware and a2 which both show nothing.

gudgulf 21:42 27 Apr 05

Is this an update from the Windows Update site?.If it is then open the Windows Update site manually and pick custom install.See if the offending update is listed (probably in optional hardware updates).Click on it and select "remove from this list" or words to that effect.That should stop it.If not from the windows site,have you got an update tool for your motherboard running in the background?

Meshuga 22:08 27 Apr 05

Hi gudgulf, will do as you suggest re windows update. As for the update tool for the motherboard, I would not know. How would I find out please.

Meshuga 22:10 27 Apr 05

gudgulf, have checked Win updates as you said but update does not appear anywhere

Meshuga 22:16 27 Apr 05

gudgulf, as I finished typing my last message the updates icon in the task bar disappeared. Back to normal now but don`t know why. Many thanks to all who replied. Will tick resolved. Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…