Unable to install Thunderbird Extensions.

Daibus 10:46 12 Dec 04

I have had to just reinstall the Thunderbird 1.0 mail client but any Extension I choose will not install.

I go through the whole process and press the install icon, reboot but the new icon does not show on the Customize Toolbar window so therefore I cannot drag it to the actual Toolbar.

Help much appreciated.

Daibus 13:01 12 Dec 04

Bump.

Stuartli 13:30 12 Dec 04

Mozilla points out that some earlier plug-ins won't work or are version specific and to contact the authors requesting that they update them.

See:

click here

for versions available.

Daibus 14:07 12 Dec 04

Stuartli

Many thanks for the reply but the Extensions I'm trying to install are the ones that are listed for Thunderbird 1.0.

There is only ten and I have tried a few of them.

Cheers again.

Stuartli 14:15 12 Dec 04

There are far more than 10 Extensions according to this list:

click here

Stuartli 14:17 12 Dec 04

Wrong list....:-(

Valvegrid 14:31 12 Dec 04

I had problems installing the GB spellcheck extension, it wouldn't. I had to download the file to my HD and unpack it and install it manually, not using the install button in the extensions window. I'm not sure if you can do that easily for the Windows version, because mines the Linux version it was easy.

Tick Tock 15:30 12 Dec 04

just downloded 2 extentions for version 1 and they
wont install either.They are listed as version 1.

Daibus 17:19 12 Dec 04

Looks as though it's a fault at the moment?

Thank you for your help.

Stuartli 16:04 14 Dec 04

By the way, Thunderbird also brings up an envelope icon in the Taskbar whenever there are new messages available to be downloaded from the server.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…