Unable to install QuickTime 7.1.5

mccoy 04:42 20 Mar 07

every time i try to install quicktime it begins the process and then i am told that it cannot uninstall a previous version and cancels the process...i have gone through the registry,CLSID, log files and have cleaned out everything i can find but to no avail...thanks for any help!!!

€dstowe 06:25 20 Mar 07

When QT started sulking in a similar way on one of my machines, I installed QT alternative click here and have never regretted it. I don't use the "official" version of QT on any machine now.

Seems odd that a company (Apple) should put so much disabling restriction on their software when a large part of what it does is to promote their own products or act as an inducement to upgrade.

mccoy 07:44 20 Mar 07

thanks to cdstowe...i have always used quicktime alternative except when i bought encylopedia brittanica 2006 deluxe...it didn't like the alternative...this all came about when i tried to update quicktime 7...it did work fine with the earlier version of quicktime...so much for the encylopedia...i don't think i want to deal with any more apple products....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…