Unable to install printers in windows ME

fishmad pete 08:42 27 Feb 06

Good morning,

I am trying to sort out a problem with my sisters computer. Up until last week she had a canon BJC1000 and a Kodak cameradocking station/printer installed on her computer and both were working fine. Now both printers have disappeared from her installed printer lists. The Canon was installed on LPT1 (printer port) and the docking station was installed using an USB connection.
Looking under hardware devices the docking station shows up with the yellow exclamation mark and states the driver was not installed.
I have uninstalled drivers for both printers and restarted the computer. I have then tried to re-installed the drivers. The canon one fails to install stating that windows could not find the printer port. The docking station appears to load all the software but when the station is pluged in windows recognises the type of station and states it is installing the drivers but then comes up with "cannot install driver close all programes and restart the computer and try again".
Looking at the restore option shows no valid restore point since 3 January 2006.
System is an athlon 1000Ghz running windows ME.
When ever I try to open up the printer folder it takes approximately 30 seconds to open the window and another 30 seconds to actually displaying anything within that window.
Any thoughts will be welcomed
Regards
Peter

fishmad pete 15:06 25 Sep 06

Have sorted the problem out by doing a clean re-installing windows ME.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos