Unable to install Office 2007.

m800afc 13:35 21 Dec 08

Win XP Pro, SP3, Office Pro Plus 2007

I have just got my computer up and running after a HDD crash. When I try to run Outlook, I get a dialog box indicating that "Outlook has encountered an error and will now close". No indication of what the error is.
When I try to reinstall, my software key is accepted, but I get a different dialog box indicating that "Microsoft Office Professional Plus encountered an error and will now close" Once again, no indication of what the error is. There are no other options.
How can I solve this dilemma?

T0SH 13:52 21 Dec 08

When you go to add remove programs and click on Microsoft Office do you see a Change option ? if you do clicking that should get you a Repair option that repairs the Office components must be worth a try ?

Cheers HC

m800afc 18:24 22 Dec 08

A change option is not offered, and I still cannot install Office 2007.

Pineman100 18:29 22 Dec 08

Is Office 2007 listed in your Add/Remove programs list? If so, you might want to try fully uninstalling it, then restart the computer and install it again from scratch.

Pineman100 18:32 22 Dec 08

Sorry - posted too soon!

If you have trouble uninstalling Office, then I suggest you use System Restore to roll the computer back to a date/time before you originally installed it.

Then carry out a full reinstall.

chub_tor 18:38 22 Dec 08

I don't think that m800afc will be able to do a system restore as he has been trying to reinstall after a HDD crash.

Might want to look through some of these for a solution click here=

Pineman100 18:48 22 Dec 08

Surely m800afc should be able to restore back to a point after Windows was reloaded, but before Office was installed.

The Office installation would probably have created an automatic restore point itself, prior to installation.

m800afc 06:34 23 Dec 08

I have managed to uninstall Office 2007. I have run CCleaner and managed to reinstall Office 2003. Everything works, except Outlook, which is the most important to me. Each time I tried to run it I got a message saying MAPI32.dll was missing or corrupt. Following Microsoft Office help page I ran Windows/system/system32/fixmapi, which as its mane implies is supposed to fix mapi. It doesn't, and I am no better off.

What can I do to resolve this as I am anxious to get at my emails and contacts, for which I use Outlook?

sunnystaines 09:13 23 Dec 08

click here

is this any help

m800afc 09:25 23 Dec 08

sunnystaines
Thanks for the link, but I have already run
Fixmapi,
and sadly it did not help.

Pineman100 13:01 23 Dec 08

Have you gone back and retried TOSH's suggestion to repair Microsoft Office? (First post under yours, above)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…