unable to install office 2003 on vista premium

Short me 14:48 09 Nov 07

I am trying to install office 2003 on vista premium but it won't allow it to install, any ideas on how i go about this?

johnnyrocker 14:53 09 Nov 07

try vista forum?

johnny

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:00 09 Nov 07

This one is quite easy...the autorun will not work in Vista so you need to put the disk in the drawer and open 'My Computer'. Select the drive with the disk in and right click...select 'open' and you will see all the files on the Office disk. search for setup (I haven't got the disk in front of me) and click it. The programme will then run and install.

G

Short me 15:25 09 Nov 07

every time i try to install wimdows office 2003 on to vista it tells me in needs elevation can you help?

ventanas 16:06 09 Nov 07

This is UAC kicking in. It requires you to have administrator privileges. Even if you are logged on as an admin, in Vista you will always run as a standard user. click here

If yhou are logged in as an admin, you should only need to click the continue option. If logged in as another level of user you will need the admin password.

Another way is to right click on the setup file and choose Run as Administrator from the menu.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…