Unable to install drivers for bt voyager

hargranules 18:21 05 Dec 05

Trying to help a friend set up their new (to them ) pc. AOL was working fine on old pc so I am presuming modem and phone line are fine. When I tried to install drivers I go through wizard then right near end of installation it comes up "unable to install drivers contact technical support". Nothing in add / remove programs. When i go on device manager yellow question mark next to modem with message not properly installed code 1 and at another point in my many tries code 28. Any ideas, technical support is 50p a minute.

O/s windows 2000
Modem is BT voyager 105

flyingbrit 18:30 05 Dec 05

Are you going thru' all the correct procedure to install AOL? Or is it only the modem drivers that won't install?

flyingbrit 18:36 05 Dec 05

If it's only the modem drivers, put in AOL cd and when it auto-starts exit then explore the cd thru' my comp, open drivers folder and run Doctor with BT icon on it, that should delete anything that's corrupt in modem driver. Then leave cd in and plug in the modem and follow the promps to install.

hargranules 18:36 05 Dec 05

Have followed correct procedures, aol installed fine just the drivers that won't install

Hamish 18:39 05 Dec 05

If you look in Google for drivers for bt voyager there are a number of sites which may help and also site where you can down load the drivers if required. Hope this helps

€dstowe 18:39 05 Dec 05

Try this click here

flyingbrit 19:02 05 Dec 05

As you say AOL's gone in fine, have you tried what I said for the modem drivers alone? and be careful with updated drivers for the Voyager 105 it seems as though people have problems with them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…