unable to install critical updates IE7

ray27 07:28 04 Aug 07

I have had a few problems such as my DVDS drives were not recognised, I have 3 2 internal and an external. There were other things that went missing including the Avg75free antivirus software that I had instilled a couple of days ago. I had to call in a local expert who diagnosed a windows problem an d cured everything by a windows repair disk

When he left I updated using the MS critical updates on their site as he had explained I would need to do this

I installed IE7 as he said it was more reliable it downloaded 74 critical updates to the computer but no mater what I do they will not install . There is the shield in the bottom right and corner and when I click on it a box come up and asks how I want to install the updates.

I click on the express option and then click on "install" a balloon appears in the bottom right hand corner saying it is initializing but then quickly changes to a box in the main screen saying it could not install some of the upgrades and listed in the box is all of the upgrades, 74 of them, can anyone let me know what the problem could be before I contact the local expert any advice would be most welcome cheers Ray

birdface 08:23 04 Aug 07

click here folk with the same problem,

birdface 08:33 04 Aug 07

Hi Ray,Just read your other thread ,Maybe if you give the Repair man that you had a call he might also fix this problem free of charge,As he was supposed to have repaired your computer,Or may be at least give you some advice as how to fix it yourself.Worth a try.

ray27 09:11 04 Aug 07

Panic ov

ray27 09:15 04 Aug 07

Sorry about that, panic over I dowloaded the tool wurtbeta.exe that I found following the links you gave and it has fixed the problem thanks a million chaps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009