unable to get a working drive image on xp pro

mudpack 23:25 15 Feb 04

after using several drive image programs i am unable to get a working image after restore.the pc will refuse to boot the restored image and i need to format and reinstall xp pro.image programs work fine with win 98.
using:
jet way 266b mother board,2400xp chip,40gig western drive.
any help gladly recieved.

Chegs ® 02:55 16 Feb 04

You shouldn't need to format and reinstall,XP has its "Recovery Console" to replace missing files,or continue on past this point,and XP will check the hdd for previous installs and "Repair" itself.I have used DriveImage/TrueImage to copy the contents of an IDE install of XP to a SATA RAID setup,and only ever had to update the RAID driver(by the Recovery Console)to get it going.

mudpack 21:25 17 Feb 04

thanks chegs,i have tryed to use the recovery program but with no luck.normaly after power up it checks the dmi pool data and goes no further.i have uses drive image pro,acronis true image and paragons drive image,all however work no problems with win 98

Chegs ® 21:44 17 Feb 04

If Recovery Console doesn't work,then simply keep pressing enter as if you are installing a fresh copy,and it will check the drive before install,find the previous version(that you created with image app)and offer to repair it.Then all you need to do is d/l the critical updates/patches again(which you could d/l and save to a partition/cd for reinstallation at a later date)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…