Unable to get USB Camera to be senced by xp

mac62 21:11 25 Jul 05

Have connected USB camera to USB port and XP will not show it in my computer, it knows its there because the connected icon appears in the bottom RH corner. Have uninstalled all USB drivers and re installed but still no change. i can get to my pictures via portable media devices in the control panel and It is asigned a drive letter but the drive does not appear in My Computers HELP ME it all used to work fine

Kate B 22:34 25 Jul 05

Not quite what you wanted but how about buying a cheap external card reader and using that to pull the pictures off the memory card? I hate proprietary camera software.

However, if you do want to use your camera's software, make sure you've installed the USB mass driver that will be on the CD as well as the software itself - that tells Windows to treat the camera as a removable disc drive. If you've got it installed, try reinstalling it.

woodchip 22:39 25 Jul 05

Have you looked in Windows Explorer for a Removable drive or Camera Icon down near the bottom

mac62 22:45 25 Jul 05

Have tried software for camera but still no change

VoG II 22:49 25 Jul 05

Which camera or is it a secret?

mac62 13:26 26 Jul 05

I have a sony cyber shot and a fine pix 6800 both do not show up in My computer

woodchip 14:04 26 Jul 05

Did you load the Software and Drivers before you loaded connected the Camera

uisquebeathus 14:10 26 Jul 05

re Woodchip,
if the component is connected before the software a conflict can arise , remove the drivers and any software installed for the camera, then restart the pc go into the device manager and remove anything showing for the camera in there, then restart and reinstall the drivers, switch of, connect the camera, then restart and it should be found,

woodchip 14:12 26 Jul 05

Or go to Device Manager, remove all the USB starting from bottom then restart and do the install as I said above

mac62 15:49 26 Jul 05

Cameras have both been installed and working for a couple of years this is a recent prob. Have tried removing and uninstalling USB but still no joy. Have been able to retrieve pics by going into control panel and external devices. Strange thing is USB still recognises memory sticks so it seems to only be a prob when you put cameras on it.

woodchip 16:47 26 Jul 05

As this changed after you installed the Memory Stick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…