Unable to get rid of Spam

heavymetalkid 23:22 28 Aug 05

I am being plagued with Spam.....really obscene stuff that, if my grown up daughters were small children,I would most definitely not want them to read.
I am getting up to 30 messages a day (and growing) from these scumbags,where or why they come I have no idea.
I've installed Mailwasher and blacklisted etc without bouncing.....no difference whatsoever,in fact it seems to have made things worse.
Anyone have any suggestions (preferably freebies) about how I can combat this filth?

Happy Soul 01:14 29 Aug 05

One of two Freebies.

Mailwasher. You will get a list of Mails and choose which to delete before downloading. click here

Or Eliminate Spam. click here my persinal favourite, you only have to choose the site/s once and from then it blocks them automatically. You can also set up rules e.g. 'Sex' in the header or body of the mail to be deleted.

sattman 08:33 29 Aug 05

An option that may be acceptable would be to change your email address.

To prevent any future repeats creat another email address for non important contacts.

Icky 10:23 29 Aug 05

I use this emailsystems:

click here

It is very effective but costs £3.75 a month.

Strawballs 10:57 29 Aug 05

click here If you don't mind spending £17.63 you can get this which is a complete internet security suite anti virus, firewall, privacy service and spam blocker which is very effective and all updated automatically regularly

mike1967 11:08 29 Aug 05

Does youre internet provider provide its own free spam eliminator, I use BT and I get it with them

p;3 11:21 29 Aug 05

suggest; use the mailwasher you have got; when the messages arrive on your server,right click on you mailwasher icon in system try to restore the program; go to the mailwasher program and right click on the message to preview it via mailwasher; if you do not want the mail on your pc then select delete and blacklist(dont bouunce); then left click process mail, and that will remove that mail from your server ; these mails are around ; I get some interesting stuff and it gets chucked straight out from server before it ever gets anywhere near my pc:))

hope that helps; dont think you can eliminate spam but you can keep it off your pc and out of the sight of others by the above method:)

p;3 11:26 29 Aug 05

and I presume you have programed mailwasher to make a sound when it detects mail arriving on your server? when it sounds, open(restore) the mailwasher program , check the mail while on your server , and, if unwanted, chuck as stated in above posting; works for me:)

Happy Soul 13:25 29 Aug 05

Sorry heavymetalkid, I just re-read and notice you have tried Mailwasher.

My other recommendation will stop the spam. Here's the link again click here

heavymetalkid 00:08 30 Aug 05

Thanks Fellers....very helpful.Thinking of an e-mail change,bit reluctant in case I don't inform everyone I need to receive from. P3 thanks I've done what you suggest many times,yet still they come in even greater numbers.
Happy Soul, thanks, sounds good,have you used it? Slightly concerned about one of their FAQs which states that the free version displats ads. Do I need that? Not really!

heavymetalkid 00:08 30 Aug 05

Thanks Fellers....very helpful.Thinking of an e-mail change,bit reluctant in case I don't inform everyone I need to receive from. P3 thanks I've done what you suggest many times,yet still they come in even greater numbers.
Happy Soul, thanks, sounds good,have you used it? Slightly concerned about one of their FAQs which states that the free version displats ads. Do I need that? Not really!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…