Unable to get into Facebook

ponytail 13:24 24 Jan 14

I am trying to get into my Facebook account.I go into google enter Facebook and get all the usual selections click on Facebook login but then at the top it says Facebook login Google search but Facebook will not open can someone help please

ponytail 13:28 24 Jan 14

Forgot am able to get in using my wifes net pad My OS is Windows 7

ponytail 13:29 24 Jan 14

Have also done a system restore but that did not help either

ponytail 14:14 24 Jan 14

Just entered unable to get into facebook on Google and all the sites connected to Facebook would not open ie anything with Facebook in it's title would not open the first four sections were Facebook related and the next was answers.microsoft .com which opened.Dont understand it

rdave13 14:26 24 Jan 14

If you're on IE go to tools, internet options, browsing history section, delete tab, then tick boxes for, Preserve favourite website data. Temporary Internet files and website files. Cookies and website files. History. Then select the delete tab at the bottom. You will get a popup at the bottom saying when it's completed. Close IE, wait a second , then open. Try again.

ponytail 14:54 24 Jan 14

Hi rdave13 all the boxes you said to tick were already ticked

rdave13 15:03 24 Jan 14

Still the same after deleting?

lotvic 15:12 24 Jan 14

I may have misunderstood, are you finding the Facebook login page each time by doing a search for it on Google?

This is the direct secure https page for login en-gb.facebook.com/login.php

ponytail 15:18 24 Jan 14

Hi again rdave13 an lotvic it now works I did not select delete at the end the first time as the boxes you mentioned were already ticked just done it again and ticked delete at the end and it is now ok.Thanks

rdave13 15:20 24 Jan 14

You could also try, internet options, security tab, and reset all zones to default level.

rdave13 15:21 24 Jan 14

Glad you're sorted and ignore my last post as it now works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…