unable to get connected by wifi

pootelwootel 23:32 13 Mar 07

hi my girfriend has just bought a packard bell mv46-008 laptop with built in wifi card.we cannot get the wifi to work.a message comes up and says that i must turn on the wifi by a hardware switch ???which of course i cant find.
any help gratefully recieved
cheers

if you have the manual try looking in that if not have a very careful look at the laptop it should have a switch somewhere often there is an led next to it this should switch on the wifi

pootelwootel 23:45 13 Mar 07

there is no exterior switch that i can see.and i have have read the manual ,but there is nothing of any help

1832bchs 00:08 14 Mar 07

On a Packard Bell it is usually Fn & F1 to turn on the wi-fi. Should be an indicator icon in notification area, red cross through it if it is switched off.

Kate B 00:28 14 Mar 07

I have to say that this thread makes me for the first time just ever so faintly tempted to post a smug-Mac-user post: my elderly iBook might be three years old and chugging along on a 1.07GHz processor but there's no messing about with Wi-Fi - it's a clear icon in the menu bar and it just picks up any available networks and offers to connect to any it can.

Note: I am also a Vista user and often annoyed by smug-Mac-user posts ...

pootelwootel, I had a big rummage around the PB website for you (and it's horrible, it doesn't work in Firefox OR Safari, the Mac browser, I had to use IE) and couldn't find anything in any of the support documentation for that model. So I hope 1832bchs is right and that you've managed to switch your wireless on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…